Discovering the New World
Guiding Principles for the World:
- Tolkien’s Fantasy isn’t the only Fantasy.
- Politics and intrigue should be just as real and dangerous as an armed combatant.
- Deep and nuanced, but accessible and cinematic.
- Religion matters to everyone, not just the priests.
Guiding Principles for the System:
- Two characters of the same race and focus should be able to be appreciably different, and equally effective.
- Social characters should gain mechanical benefits without causing mind control.
- Mechanics should never hamper the pace of the narrative.
- Disadvantages should be truly disadvantageous, not sources of free points.
Back to the Main Page